We invite independent artists, artist collectives and emerging artists who wish to make use of our exhibition space for solo or group exhibitions, to apply by submitting an exhibition proposal.
The Studio Art Gallery is hereafter referred to as TSAG.
How to prepare an exhibition proposal
Step 1. Read the Terms and Conditions.
Step 2. Visit TSAG and familiarise yourself with our exhibition space. See the Floor Plan.
Step 3. Submit your exhibition proposal by emailing it to email@example.com.
The proposal must include the following:
- The title of the exhibition.
- Suggested date and time for the opening event and duration of the event (a minimum of two weeks is required). Please check the TSAG’s Exhibition’s Calendar.
- Your biography.
- A clear synopsis/artist’s statement about your exhibition, no more than 300 words.
- A short exhibition summary description with a maximum of 50 words.
- Proposed dates and times for any other related activities such as a walkabout, demonstrations, talks, etc.
- A minimum of 3 completed images of the artworks that will be on the show. Please include artwork titles, mediums, and sizes, also the weight and edition number for sculptures where applicable. The copyright of all images submitted remains the property of the artists. How to Photograph Artwork.
- Proposals should be submitted timeously to avoid disappointment; approval will depend on the director’s discretion and availability of space. Please check the TSAG’s Exhibition’s Calendar.
- TSAG’s directors will consider the proposal and written correspondence regarding outcomes of applications will be emailed whether accepted or not.
- Upon a successful application, the Agreement must be signed and initialed on each page; and returned to the gallery.
Step 4. After receiving notice of an accepted application, pay the exhibition deposit. This deposit is non-refundable so be sure your time-frame is realistic. Your exhibition booking will only be secured once this deposit is paid.
Step 5. Pay the remaining 50%, which is due the last day of the month preceding the exhibition.Click for Banking Details